Thursday, July 15, 2010

Patrick is doing great and Life is good













Hi everyone!


Patrick just keeps on doing better each day. He is still ready to go back on "vacation" though. He asks me about going back to Panama daily. :) I have been speaking to three families who are heading to Panama in August; two are going for autism treatment.
This first pic shows him outside riding his scooter. They had fun that day and to our surprise we took Joey's training wheels off and he started riding like a pro on his little bike! You can see how proud he is by that big smile.


I am getting ready to head off for the Mrs. United States pageant in a few days. The kids are excited. They like "helping" me pack. HA. My platform as always is Autism Awareness...I got some neat things to take including new pins and notepads with a great autism logo on them.


When I return, Rosemary will then compete at the Preteen Kentucky National American Miss where her platform is also autism.



When I started out doing pageants in 2006, autism was a tough platform because I had to explain so much to almost everyone that asked about it. Now, in 2010, with 1 in 91 children now being diagnosed with autism, I find more people with questions about it but pretty much everyone is familiar with it. I judged a teen pageant a few weeks ago and I think out of about 14 girls there were two with autism as a platform. It certainly speaks as to what an "epidemic" it has became.

I have had so many emails and calls from people with questions about the Panama Clinic. Their website is http://www.cellmedicine.com/. Go ahead and look them up and then I am working on typing up some facts sheets about our experience and just details on navigating Panama. We are so glad we went.

I will update everyone when I return next week on how Patrick is progressing. Have a wonderful week!












No comments:

Post a Comment