Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home Again


It has taken me a few days to update everyone on Patrick's trip back home. He actually did not want to leave Panama. He even told me last night that he wants to go back and he pointed his hand where his IV was to say "little sticks okay." Obviously he enjoyed it so much there that he thinks it was worth the "little stick" from the IV. I thought that was cute.




He is still talking a lot. He was up this morning playing with his toys and pretend talking with them. He is still really "stimmy" when he gets excited. He has gotten in to a little bit of everything since arriving home on Sunday. Last night he got out some green paint and proceeded to paint one of his toy trains green to match the real train he rode in Panama.




Packy was thrilled last night to see scenes shot in Panama on a really old Herbie the Love Bug movie. He saw the canal, the ships and got really excited to see the Canal Railway train in the background.




It could take up to a month before we see more results from his treatment. I have several friends whose children have had this treatment and the majority seem to feel that their children saw the most improvements in the one to two month range. The couple children that made early gains seemed to see them with bowel issues and sleep issues. Luckily, for Patrick, he overcame his bowel issues several years ago and we don't have the sleep problems either.




So far, so good. He is doing great. I will try to get a copy of the WPSD-Channel 6 interview to post on here. I didn't get to see the interview because we were in Panama at the time but everyone tells me it is really informative as to autism and the stem cell treatment overall.




I will get some trip pictures posted soon. The kids got in my suitcase and used the camera the night before I left. So lo and behold, I had no camera when I arrived! We bought a disposable one and I need to get the pics transferred to disc so I can upload. I posted a pic above that I took a few hours ago. He was sitting at his computer watching "Brainy Baby Spanish" on You Tube. I noticed that as the picture showed the action and the Spanish word, a voice over would say the word in Spanish as well. As I watched him, the screen showed "Gracias" and Patrick said "Thank You." He also was saying the English version of the colors that were being shown. I have not worked with him on Spanish, last week would have been his first intro to it. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all your prayers and emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment