Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our "Autism" Life


When I first found out Patrick had autism....or actually, way before I found out officially, I became the queen of Internet research. I looked up everything possible, had large notebooks running with strange diagrams and charts drawn that only I could understand. I bought books from Amazon by the large box full. I read and watched...learned, sought out information, learned some more.

Some where around Year 4 into the learning experience, I became burnt out. Wasn't sure if what I was doing was the right thing to do or where Patrick was really at in his program. It has taken me a couple of years to get over this burn out.

Hopefully I have shaken it off. I just got some great new books in the mail, am following some great Twitters on autism, and basically researching new things and keeping my eyes and heart open for the rainbows and forgetting about the storm clouds.

We are back to looking into Stem Cell therapy either in Costa Rica or Germany. We are also tough on our diet and recommitting to some serious time in the HBOT. Patrick also started massage therapy two weeks ago and I can already see some positive benefits from it.

My greatest hope for Patrick is to be a happy and healthy little boy. I feel like the health is such a big improvement already...so many gut issues are finally cleared up after years and I feel like treating the PANDAS has and is continuing to make such a huge difference.

As we look into Stem Cells and other options I will continue to keep everyone posted.

He attended his sisters 8 year old birthday party a few weeks ago and got to roller skate for the first time. He did so great too!!! I just had to include this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment