Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Seeing Gains in Language


We have seen some great language gains lately with Patrick.

He will be completing his Seventh IVIG treatment next week in Nashville with Paige Adams. He started using the HBOT again and we are getting in a consistent regiment. I also used Nov 1 as the date for really making sure that everyone who is with him was making sure that his GF/CF was really tightened up with no slip-ups.

I have to credit these bio-medical interventions for his gains in unprompted language. He also appears to have better cognition too. I inserted a photo from Halloween (he is the little fireman) and he was so excited the week before Halloween! He kept asking me about "trick or treat." He has never shown an interest in this before.

Last night, he told his sister and I that Angel (a german shepherd we have) is "Packy's dog" and "first dog" which he eventually put together as "Packy's first dog." When I asked him "who is Packy's first dog?" he promptly told me "Angel."

The only thing about this that didn't excite me is that Angel is for sale as a therapy dog. :) Her mother is our long time therapy dog so I started getting him to name and talk about some of our other dogs. But we shall see. :) Anything for our kids, ya know?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm glad to see all the hard work and dedication is paying off big benefits to your son. We are having some amazing gains here through Neurofeedback. Biomed didn't work for us because it feed his seizures. Each child, it seems, requires his very own key. The trick is figuring out among all of the options which interventions will be that key. I'm glad you are on your way!

    ReplyDelete