Friday, June 18, 2010

Stephen Shore, Beauty Queens and Toy Story 3

Hi everyone!

WOW what a weekend. I had the pleasure of picking up Dr. Stephen Shore at the airport today. Our FEAT (Families for Effective Autism Treatment) group is hosting him as a guest speaker tomorrow. He was interviewed by the newspaper tonight. Tomorrow he will be speaking at the Easter Seals West Kentucky Child Development Center in Paducah. He is a very nice man. Very impressive. At the age of 4, it was suggested to his mother that she put him in an institution. Now, he has a Ph.D in Special Education and he helps other children who are on the autism spectrum. We are excited to have him here.

Speaking of kids, I know that all four of mine are anxiously awaiting Toy Story 3. The boys are all so excited to see it this weekend!!!!
Rosemary is excited because she is competing in the DixieLand Dolls and Darlings Pageant in the morning. After the Stephen Shore program I will hurry over to the Ritz Hotel to catch the end of her pageant.

It is a busy crown and banner day because after the pageant (the first one) then Rose and I are off to the McCracken County Fair pageant. I am judging again this year and Rose will be assisting Suzy by greeting people and handing out programs. Rose is excited to wear her Regional NES crown and banner (I think she likes it because it is so big). :) I love judging this pageant. There is always such a nice group of girls and that makes it a lot of fun.


I had to re-post this pic of Marshall County Fair judging. We had a great time. Joni (the lady on the left) and I both traveled over together. We had dinner and enjoyed a nice evening....it was a big pageant....they had the Little Miss group and then went all the way up to the Miss.
I can't wait to update tomorrow night with pics of all events. I get to show off that beautiful Mrs. KY US crown.....it sure gets a lot of comments. Everyone thinks it is beautiful...and I love it too because it is so comfortable. :) Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment