Monday, April 12, 2010

Stem Cell Journey Update


Whew....we now have 11 people going on our Costa Rica trip. We have been down at the post office getting the kids passport information mailed off today. Several of the other adults going are also getting rush orders put on passports as well. It feels like we had a million little things to do today.


I have preliminarily looked at flights but plan to sit down with that a little later today. Same with the hotel. The Stem Cell clinic actually sent me a long list of hotels. If we choose one from the list they will provide transportation back and forth to the hospital. I am pretty sure that we will choose one from the list. Several have apartments or suites similar to Residence Inn.


We leave on Saturday, May 8 and then we depart back for home that following Saturday. Patrick starts his stem cell treatment on Monday, May 10. He will go every day for an infusion of stem cells (Monday thru Friday). He keeps asking me about "Costa Rica" and "vacation" so he is really excited!


My four year old has decided that he wants to go on a "zip line." :) Hmmm....we'll see. Patrick is most excited about the swimming pool.


As I get more of the little details out of the way, I will turn the blog more toward the medical side of things plus I will give updates daily when we are actually there.

No comments:

Post a Comment