Sunday, December 6, 2009

One Happy Little Guy



Patrick has really enjoyed spending some time riding the horses. Things are still going really well for him. We had an IVIG two weeks ago and he is doing great. He is a little stimmy but I have a feeling that we are needing some Diflucan for him. We have had some really great moments this fall.

Pleassse....don't get me wrong.....we still have major struggles with autism and all the adjoining issues but overall, we have had some great things going on.
We have been very strict on his gluten free diet in addition to making sure he gets his HBOT therapy in (which we are still working on getting him in there more). I have to say that I feel he is healthier than he has ever been. I would attribute that to the IVIG...he has had seven now.
I hit a few rough spots as a parent where I let myself feel down. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right things to help Packy. I questioned the biomedical we were doing and thought maybe we had hit this plateau that we couldn't seem to rise above.
However, I feel good in knowing that it was just a speed bump and that I was right to hang in there. It gets hard at times, but it sure is worth it. Every time I look at the smile on Patrick's face or he says "I love you mama" then I know that everything we do biomedically is worth it.


1 comment:

  1. That's a great post, Tammi. My daughter absolutely loves horses as well. We've been doing biomed for 4.5 years ... don't give up! It's absolutely worth it.

    Much love,
    Leslie
    http://outrunning-autism.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete