Sunday, December 13, 2009

No crowd at the mall today...the Gluten Free one that is

For some one that is short on time and occasionally short on kitchen skills, it sure took me a long time to dig around on the internet to find pre-packaged--frozen--ready made meals. But yesterday, as I was sitting down cleaning out a big pile of "to do" things, I found an email address I had saved for the Gluten Free Mall.

And $137 later, we are going to try out two brands of chicken nuggets, lasagna, fish sticks, carrot cake, brownies, and many other types of frozen items. I was shopping like mad going through those web pages yesterday.....finally "Schwan's" for my son who is on the GF/CF diet.

I made a promise to myself a long time ago that if I could find GF/CF foods that were good, easy to prepare, and types that my kids love like lasagna, brownies, and nuggets that we all might start on the GF/CF diet. I don't think it would hurt any of our household to eat this way. Sure, some of you who live where I do, might be thinking that we do have a store or two that carries these similar frozen items, but either the brand hasn't been one that my son would eat or it was simple math. Simple math meaning that a small serving of brownies for about ten or eleven dollars does not equal something that I want to buy a couple of times per week. HA. :)

I will keep everyone updated on how quickly these purchases arrive and how my kids enjoy eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment