Sunday, August 23, 2009

I've decided I just might make it

Gosh, this past month has been the biggest downer I have experienced in years. Typically I can juggles nine or ten things at once and still feel like I am accomplishing something. This past month has just been draining and to make it more exasperating....I haven't even done that much.
Occasionally I will have a day or two of fatigue that (let's face it everyone) all of us as parents experience. But this was a wall that I hit and I could not get myself back up. I had a friend tell me one day to "drink a Red Bull" and I would be fine. I have had those moments too and after some tea or even a Red Bull I have been fine. But this was different.......
However, long boring story about fatigue, malaise, and not knowing what in the hell is wrong with you aside.....
on Thursday night all of a sudden I felt back to normal. This occurred about 11 PM after one of the worst days I think I have ever had. And the good news is that I feel about 80% back to normal.
In fact today we had a great day. One birthday party, one sleepover with my two nieces and all of my brood, and I even got to get out with friends to attend a Ladies Social for the Cancer Society.
I felt so good that I came home from this event, put four kids to bed, and started working on a pile of papers that had stacked up on me this past month. I even felt good enough to sit down at this laptop and rename this blog. Something a little more like my usual attitude to life and not the downtrodden, apathetic attitude I have carried around 90% of the time for the past month.
I have to say "autism wise" I feel like we have gotten back on the right track with working toward a good base plan with Packy's bio-medical and we have been tight on the gluten free diet. Home school has been going great, even in the midst of my lassitude.
I am working on some goal setting and hope to get some posts back on here with some great information on autism and homeschooling: both two topics very near and dear to me.
I feel so much better.
If your feeling the same way as you are up reading blogs tonight please know that it too will pass. I have been working on some biomedical for myself and plan on sharing details for other parents in upcoming blogs.
We are taking all four to a family reunion tomorrow so wish us much luck.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you are on the upswing Tammy.

    I had a summer like that too. Interestingly though, I'm finding that since being in such a low place for so long, my threshold for what I can take is much higher now, so something positive has come out of that.

    I have done some biomedical on myself as well. The GFCF diet nothing short of changed my life. Looking forward to hearing about how your experience goes.

    ReplyDelete